Push or promote package versions
How to push or promote a package version to upstream or registry
The push functionality allows users to either:
- Push existing package versions to a configured upstream
- Promote a package version to new version, without making any changes to the artifact itself
When promoting to a new version, you can also push the package to the current registry.
Promote package version, instead of rebuilding
Select a well tested development version and promote it to a release version. By not rebuilding a package, users can avoid common error causes like differences between production and development build chains.
1. Select the package version to push from the source registry and click Push button.
2. Enter desired New version for the package (defaults to current version).
3. Select Destination registries to be used as destination for the package push (defaults to all external upstreams).
4. Click on the Push button to confirm.
Overwriting package versions using Promote
Users may overwrite an existing package version in a destination Bytesafe registry, by using an already existing versions as the new version for a package.
Use this functionality to promote packages with the intention of patching existing package versions.