The Slack integration lets you receive notifications for account or registry/package level events in your own Slack channel.
After initial setup, the integration will send notification for:
- Security scanning - Known vulnerability detected by the Vulnerability scanner plugin will be broadcast as slack notification
- New registries - Creation of new registries in Account
- Registry changes - Addition/removal of upstreams
- New users - Addition of users to Account
Security notifications from the vulnerability scanner is a key feature for the Slack integration. For more details on how to active Vulnerability scanner see the page in the plugins section.
How to add Slack integration
Slack integration is manage in the Account settings in the Bytesafe web console. Any user with admin privileges for a Bytesafe account will be able to access account settings after login to web console.
1. Navigate to the Slack section of the Account settings and proceed by clicking Add to Slack.
With this action the user will be redirected to Slack. If no active login to Slack is available, user will be prompted to authenticate.
2. Select Slack account to install Bytesafe Integration for.
3. Allow Bytesafe integration access and configure Slack channel to be used for notifications.
4. Done! User will be redirect back to Bytesafe.
To test integration, simply click Test on the Slack integration. If properly configured a test notification should be triggered and sent in your Slack channel.
Removing the Slack integration
Removal of the Slack integration from Bytesafe can be done from Account settings.
To remove the integration:
- Select Remove Slack on the Slack integration.
The Bytesafe app can also be removed directly from Slack if required.