Bytesafe is a firewall for your dependencies. Protect your applications, stay in control and keep unwanted dependencies out of your organization.
By adding your dependencies to Bytesafe and working directly with our fully managed private registries you get a single source for secure dependencies for your whole organization. Don’t forget to set up a Firewall registry and make it work for you by blocking threats from getting into your organization.
Best of all, developers and CI/CD can continue using regular tools like
nuget and even IDE’s when accessing dependencies. Or link Git repositories directly to Bytesafe for continuous software composition analysis.
1. Configure access
Accessing Bytesafe private registries requires a secure access token. Bytesafe users create their own access tokens, either for personal use or for use with CI/CDs.
For npm, create a token using
npm login automatically adding it to the
For NuGet, create a token in Bytesafe and add it to your
NuGet.Config file with
For Maven, create a token in Bytesafe and add it to your
2. Add dependencies to your workspace
Bytesafe is nothing without packages. Users can add their own internal packages or pull external dependencies from public registries. Add dependencies as part of regular install processes or curate registries beforehand.
Add dependencies with:
- Install - add dependencies to your project and pull them into Bytesafe from upstreams using
- Publish - publish and deploy a package from your local environment using
- Upload - upload package files directly in the Bytesafe web-app
3. Invite your team
Stay secure by giving access to other team members and systems you work with.
- Invite team members and make sure every developer and stakeholder has access to secure dependencies
- Create secure access tokens for CI/CD and configure builds to use Bytesafe. Get secure dependencies when building and deploying applications
4. Manage security & compliance
Bytesafe offers a number of security and compliance features enabled out of the box.
- Vulnerability scanner is enabled for all registries by default, scanning package for known vulnerabilities.
- License compliance identifies open source licenses in your dependencies with configurable license policies.
- Issues are automatically created for all problems identified in Bytesafe.
Demo registry to get you started
When you create a workspace we’ve prepared a demo registry for you, complete with a range of example packages, issues and notifications. So you can jump right in to exploring!